Requirements for Immunizations
This correspondence is to advise you of the requirements for immunizations as directed by the Hampton Health District for the city of Hampton as of May 9, 2013 and as directed by the Center for Disease Control.
All students must adhere to the following guidelines and meet the requirements for measles, mumps, rubella vaccines, and the meningococcal vaccine for college students:
- The first documented MMR (measles, mumps, and rubella) vaccine must be exactly 12 months of age or after and before age 5 years.
- The required 2nd documented MMR vaccine must be noted as being given 30 days after the first MMR vaccine or later.
- Guidelines for the Meningococcal vaccine:
- Ages 11-18 years old, if the primary dose is given at age 12 years or younger a Meningococcal booster should be given at age 16.
- Give booster at age 16-18 years if the primary dose was given at age 13 through 15 years of age.
- Give booster if previous vaccine was given at age younger than 16 years for that age group of 19-21 years old that are attending their first year of college.
Our primary goal is and always has been the safety and wellbeing of our campus community. A review of submitted vaccine records will be for specific dates as required.
Bert W. Holmes, Jr. MD.
P.O. Box 6191
Hampton, Virginia 23668