Requirements for Immunizations
ALL HEALTH RECORDS ARE DUE BY MAY 1, 2016.
This correspondence is to advise you of the requirements for immunizations as directed by the U.S. Department of Health and Centers for Disease Control as of February 15, 2015.
All students regardless of age must adhere to the following guidelines and meet the requirements for measles, mumps, rubella vaccines, and the meningococcal vaccine for college students:
- The first documented MMR (measles, mumps, and rubella) vaccine must be exactly 12 months of age or after and before age 5 years.
- The required 2nd documented MMR vaccine must be noted as being given 30 days after the first MMR vaccine or later.
- Or must provide documented evidence of a MMR titer showing immunity if number 1 and number 2 are not met.
- Guidelines for the Meningococcal vaccine:
- Ages 11-18 years old, if the primary dose is given at age 12 years or younger a Meningococcal booster should be given at age 16.
- Give booster at age 16-18 years if the primary dose was given at age 13 through 15 years of age.
- Give booster if previous vaccine was given at age younger than 16 years for the age group of 19-21 years that are attending their first year of college.
Our primary goal is to provide a safe environment for the campus community. You may contact the Health Center at 757.727.5315 if there are concerns or questions regarding the new requirements.
Bert W. Holmes, Jr. MD
P.O. Box 6191
Hampton, Virginia 23668