Hampton University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award degrees at the associate, baccalaureate, master’s, education specialist and doctorate levels. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Hampton University. The Commission requests that it be contacted only if there is sufficient evidence that appears to support an institution’s significant non-compliance with a requirement or standard.
Additionally, Hampton University (its undergraduate school and/or graduate school) is accredited or certified by the following bodies:
- Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA)
- The School of Engineering & Technology's architecture program is accredited by the National Architectural Accrediting Board (NAAB)
The School of Engineering & Technology’s Bachelor of Science Degree Aviation programs, Aviation Management - Air Traffic Control, Aviation Management - Airport Administration, and Flight Education are accredited by the Aviation Accreditation Board International.
- The business programs are accredited by the International Assembly of Collegiate Business Education (IACBE)
- The chemistry program is approved by the Committee on Professional Training (CPT) of the American Chemical Society (ACS)
- The communicative sciences and disorders graduate program is accredited by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA)
- The computer science program is accredited
by the Computing Accreditation Commission
a specialized accrediting body
recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation
- The chemical and electrical engineering programs are accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET
- The Scripps Howard School of Journalism
and Communications is accredited by the
Accrediting Council on Education in Journalism and Mass Communications (ACEJMC)
- The music programs are accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM)
- The undergraduate and graduate nursing programs are fully accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE); the undergraduate program is approved by the Virginia State Board of Nursing. The School of Nursing is also an agency member of the Department of Baccalaureate and Higher Degree Programs of the National League for Nursing, the Nursing Council of the Southern Regional Education Board, and the American Association of Colleges of Nursing.
- The pharmacy program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE)
- The physical therapy program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE)
- The teacher education programs are accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE)