This position is responsible for researching, entering and maintaining data in the development gift information system (Banner Advancement) and auditing the integrity of that data. This includes accurately entering the daily receipt of university gift checks, running daily proof reports for each gift batch, completing deposit slips for daily entries, entering stock gifts and conferring with the Treasurer's Office about the value and direction of these gifts. The Gift Records Researcher will also be responsible for filing, running and checking official university gift receipts, retrieving and batching web credit card gifts into a report in preparation for gift entry, and completing various administrative tasks as needed. This position requires an individual who is highly detail-oriented who can learn and comprehend a complex database with highly detailed policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage, receive and process all gifts directed to the Office of Alumni Affairs
- Ensure accuracy and integrity of data
- Enter monetary amounts in the database along with the designation and fiscal year and any special comments in order to properly acknowledge and receipt each donor for tax purposes
- Create new designation accounts for the funds received for restricted gifts such as estate gifts, corporate gifts, endowed scholarships, and grants
- Create Excel spreadsheets including addresses, gift information, and donor information to be filtered to the Computer Center for receipt generation
- Research alumni giving history for statistical and financial reporting
- Research alumni chapter history for regional reports as it pertains to the National Hampton Alumni Association, Inc.
- Create charts and graphs for reporting and analysis
- Work closely with the personnel in the Development, Business, Treasurer's and offices
- Assists cashiers during alumni banquet to collect and count donations received during reunion weekend
- Handle all donor records and giving in a professional and discreet manner
- Provide exceptional customer service
An associate degree in accounting and two years of accounting experience, or equivalent. Strong knowledge of databases and spread sheets. Experience working in a university setting with a fundraising program such as Banner is preferred.
Highly detail-oriented with a critical degree of accuracy regarding data entry and analysis; good interpersonal and organizational skills; ability to prioritize work and to perform multiple tasks simultaneously while adhering to deadlines; good problem-solving and analytical skills; ability to understand and follow directions and complex policies and procedures; ability to take initiative, work well as a team member, and to work independently.
How to Apply
Please send in one completed packet your cover letter, resume, and Educational Support Staff Application to the:
Office of Human Resources
Hampton, VA 23668
**No phone calls