The Hampton University School of Pharmacy invites nominations and applications for a full-time Postdoctoral Fellow position in the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences. The incumbent will assist the Principal Investigator in an NIH-funded research project. The incumbent will be responsible for conducting and evaluating scientific research on cellular and molecular biology pertaining to lung fibrosis and carcinogenesis. The position duties may require independent oversight of research projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
Responsibility is functional in nature, and tasks will be performed under limited supervision. Specific tasks may include, but are not limited to:
- Designing and executing cellular and molecular laboratory experiments.
- Collecting and analyzing test results.
- Preparing laboratory reports and manuscripts for publication.
- Designing and conducting in vivo experiments.
- Aiding the supervisor in training new lab members and assisting them as needed.
A doctoral degree in basic Biomedical or Pharmaceutical Sciences is required.
- The applicant must have two years of biochemistry, bioengineering, cell biology, molecular biology or related experience and/or training including academic experience.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Advanced knowledge of processes and procedures of cell and molecular biology techniques.
- Experience with animal work involving rodents.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret scientific and technical procedures and journals.
- Ability to write reports, manuscripts, correspondence and proposals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of scientists, faculty and students, administration and the general public.
Preferred Skill Set:
- Isolation/culture of primary cells, and maintenance of cell lines.
- RT-PCR, ELISA and CHIP analysis.
- Western, Southern, and Northern Blot analysis.
- Basic molecular and cell biology techniques.
- Transfection and gene expression in mammalian cell systems.
- In vivo work involving immunohistochemical analysis of tissue samples.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, statement of research interests/objectives, and three (3) letters of recommendation to:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org ORDr. Neelam Azad (PI)Hampton UniversityDepartment of Pharmaceutical SciencesKittrell Hall, Rm. 214Hampton, VA 23668*Hampton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer