Hampton University is seeking applications for the position of Director for the Student Support Services Program (SSS). SSS is a federally funded TRIO program that provides support services for eligible students enrolled at the University. The program has been in existence at Hampton University for more than three decades. Its primary purpose is to assist participants in achieving and maintaining the academic performance level required for satisfactory academic standing at the University; thereby, increasing their chances of graduation.
Duties and Responsibilities
The program director is responsible for supervising and administering the Student Support Services program in accordance with federal regulations and the goals and objectives of the program. The director will oversee and supervise professional and administrative full-time staff members. In addition, the director reports directly to the Vice President of Student Affairs.
- Master’s degree in guidance and counseling, student personnel administration or a related discipline.
- Minimum of two years experience in an administrative capacity; one year of experience in counseling and in designing, managing, or implementing Student Support Services or similar projects.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage a substantially sized monetary budget.
- Experience in writing grants or evaluating grants.
- Demonstrated leadership, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with students from low-income, first-generation college background.
How to Apply
Interested persons must submit an Application for Educational Support Staff Employment, a resume, unofficial transcripts(s) and 3 letters of recommendation to the:
Office of Human Resources
Hampton, VA 23668
Original transcripts are required if an offer of employment is made.