The Hampton University School of Pharmacy invites nominations and applications for a full-time Postdoctoral Fellow position in the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences. Founded in 1868, Hampton University is a leading historically Black university (HBCU), located on the Virginia Peninsula in the City of Hampton. It is a privately endowed, co-educational, nonsectarian institution.
Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will assist the Principal Investigator in an NIH-funded research project. The successful candidate will also be responsible for conducting and evaluating research in the field of cancer biology that is related to the testing and development of drugs for the treatment of lung cancer. The position duties may require independent oversight of research projects.
Responsibility is functional in nature, and needs to be performed under limited supervision. Specific tasks may include, but are not limited to:
- Designing and executing cellular and molecular laboratory experiments.
- Collecting and analyzing test results.
- Preparing laboratory reports and manuscripts for publication.
- Aiding the supervisor in training new lab members and assisting them as needed.
Education and Experience
- A Ph.D. degree in basic Biomedical or Pharmaceutical Sciences is required.
- Two years of biochemistry, bioengineering, cell biology, molecular biology or related experience and/or training including academic experience.
- Applicants who possess an equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Solid understanding of lung biology with experience in conducting studies that involve pulmonary tissue.
- Advanced knowledge of processes and procedures of cell and molecular biology techniques.
- Experience with animal work involving rodents.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret scientific and technical procedures and journals.
- Ability to write reports, manuscripts and proposals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of scientists, faculty, students, administrators, and the general public.
How to Apply
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Salary will be commensurate with level of experience. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, statement of research interests/objectives, a Hampton University faculty employment application, and three (3) letters of recommendation to:
ORDr. Anand IyerSchool of PharmacyQueen and Tyler StreetsRoom 215, Kittrell HallHampton UniversityHampton, VA 23668*Hampton University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer.