The Hampton University School of Pharmacy invites nominations and applications for a full-time Post-Doctoral Fellow position in the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences. Founded in 1868, Hampton University is a leading historically Black university (HBCU), located on the Virginia Peninsula in the City of Hampton. It is a privately endowed, co-educational, nonsectarian institution.
Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will assist the Principal Investigator in an NIH-funded research project. The successful candidate will also be responsible for conducting and evaluating research in the field of synthetic chemistry that is related to the development of drugs for the treatment of lung cancer. The position duties may require independent oversight of research projects.
Responsibility is functional in nature, and needs to be performed under limited supervision. Specific tasks may include, but are not limited to:
- Designing and executing synthetic chemistry experiments.
- Collecting and analyzing test results.
- Preparing laboratory reports and manuscripts for publication.
- Aiding the supervisor in training new lab members and assisting them as needed.
Education and Experience
- A Ph.D. degree in basic Chemistry or Medicinal Chemistry is required.
- Two years of medicinal chemistry, synthetic chemistry or related experience and/or training including academic experience.
- Applicants who possess an equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
- Advanced knowledge of processes and procedures of synthetic chemistry techniques.
- Experience with developing and executing synthetic chemistry techniques for the production of novel chemical entities.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret scientific and technical procedures and journals.
- Ability to write reports, manuscripts and proposals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of scientists, faculty, students, administrators and the general public.
A. The successful candidate will have expertise in the following areas:
- The synthesis and modification of compounds using various organic chemistry techniques.
- NMR and UV-Vis Spectroscopy.
- Basic molecular and cell biology techniques.
- Expertise in thin layer chromatography and HPLC.
- Cell culture techniques and microscopy skills.
- Proficiency with software tools pertinent to chemistry and structural bioinformatics.
How to Apply
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Salary will be commensurate with level of experience. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, statement of research interests/objectives, a Hampton University faculty employment application, and three (3) letters of recommendation to:
Email: email@example.com ORDr. Anand IyerSchool of PharmacyQueen and Tyler StreetsRoom 215, Kittrell HallHampton UniversityHampton, VA 23668*Hampton University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer.