Hampton University is seeking a Building Services Supervisor to provide managerial support and supervision to Housekeeping personnel of over 150 people.
Duties and Responsibilities
Provide training for new employees.
- Supervise the performance of housekeeping tasks for the University owned properties.
- Confer with sales representatives for purchase of supplies, materials and equipment.
- Interpret the policy for Building Services personnel within the guidelines of departmental and University Policy and Procedures.
- Plan and prepare annual budgets for the Building Services Division.
- Secure the services of outside vendors and contractors, inspect the work and evaluate the same.
- Provide adequate and proper information for both internal and external documents pertaining to the Building Services Division.
- Provide other related managerial services as required.
Proven knowledge of managerial concepts and principles.
- Sound working knowledge of institutional housekeeping methods in a large physical plant.
- The ability to plan, organize, motivate and direct the work of a large housekeeping staff which will meet the needs of the University.
- The ability to conduct a constant and vigorous inspection program.
- The ability to make sound judgments in determining the care, maintenance, preservation, and good appearance of physical properties.
- The ability to get along well with other people.
How to Apply
Please send in one completed packet your cover letter, resume, and Educational Support Staff Application to the:
Office of Human Resources
Hampton, VA 23668
**No phone calls