This position reports to the Vice President for Administrative Services who has responsibility for Institutional Effectiveness and Strategic Planning. The Director of Institutional Research will support all University efforts in utilizing institutional data for the purpose of attaining the University’s goals within its stated mission. The Office of Institutional Research is responsible for the collection, organization, maintenance, and analysis of institutional and other data to support institutional management, operations analysis and research, decision-making, and planning functions.
The Director will work with a wide range of constituencies, including the senior administration, deans and faculty. The Director will serve on appointed committees and task forces.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure accurate and timely completion of select national as well as all mandatory federal and state reports and data collections.
- Provide analytical and technical support to departments, committees, faculty, staff, and administrators in unit assessment and data management; including reports on Key Performance Indicators for all academic and non-academic areas.
- Plan, organize and collect data for the analysis and development of institutional research studies and reports.
- Proactively scan the environment for new trends in higher education.
- Participate in state, regional, and national organizations.
- A terminal degree in higher education, educational research or a related area, or equivalent experience, is strongly preferred. A master’s degree is required.
- Experience in evaluating institutional effectiveness and assessment through external mechanisms such as SACSCOC core requirements, comprehensive standards, and federal requirements is highly desirable.
- Ability to work with faculty in an academic environment.
- Knowledge of issues and current trends in higher education. An understanding of the issues facing major private research institutions is desirable.
- Knowledge of statistical techniques, research methodology, data organization, and analysis.
- Minimum of two years of experience with databases, statistical software, and other high level computer skills.
- Prior experience with SunGard Banner or other Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system desirable.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively.
How to Apply
Please send in one completed packet your cover letter, resume, and Educational Support Staff Application to the:
Office of Human Resources
Hampton, VA 23668
**No phone calls