Hampton University is seeking a Steam Plant Supervisor to assume the supervisory responsibilities for efficient operation of the Steam Plant Division.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Keep a constant check on water softener for proper operation of boilers.
- Inspect all fans, pumps, valves, traps, piping, gauges, and meters in the Steam Plant and direct maintenance on the same for proper operation.
- Inspect the Steam Plant on a weekly basis to determine need for repairs, maintenance and/or replacement of all plant equipment.
- Any other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
High School diploma or equivalent required.
Two years mechanical/technical training (preferred).
Successful applicant must possess a valid Virginia Drivers License.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions and comprehend mechanical operations pertinent to plant operations.
- Thoroughly familiar with oil and coal fired steam boilers.
- Demonstrated ability to perform various water analysis pertinent to steam and return condensate.
- Familiar with and able to install and maintain steam turbines, traps, valves and pressure reducing equipment.
- Able to work with others and possess a positive attitude in the performance of his/her duties.
How to Apply
Please send in one completed packet your cover letter, resume, and Educational Support Staff Application to the:
Office of Human Resources
Hampton, VA 23668
**No phone calls