The Director of the Computer Information Center will report to the Vice President for Business Affairs and Treasurer. The Director will plan, design and implement new systems and changes to the existing data processing systems to support management control and decision making activities primarily with the administrative operations of the campus (Offices of Financial Aid, Admissions, Registrar, Alumni, Development, Human Resources and Business).
Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible for managing $1.5 million budget to handle annual maintenance, computer equipment/repairs, travel, training, office supplies and various line items for the Computer Center and various departments on campus. Effectively manage two distinct teams within the Computer Center whose primary responsibility include system server/application and Enterprise Resource Planning support. Duties also include designing and recommending infrastructure improvements for the administrative campus server environment. Responsible for training staff with focus on individual strengths and make decisions regarding hiring, evaluation, promotion and termination of employees or makes related recommendations that are given particular weight. Effectively negotiate and administer vendor, outsourcer and consultant contracts and service agreements to ensure the best fit solutions for campus.
- Manages day-to-day IT operations to include: Storage, Email, Active Directory, ERP and Back-Ups
- Project management responsibilities
- Prepare and present technology initiatives to the President and his Executive Council members
- Manage servers, security solutions, network hardware and equipment for Solaris environment.
- Develop and implement IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing and service provision.
Preferred certifications in the following:
MCSE – Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer
- SCSA – Sun Certified Systems Administrator/
- Network +/Security +/A+
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux(RHEL5/6)/Solaris 10
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent level of training and experience.
- At least 6 years of management experience and supervision and must be able to provide strong leadership to a technical staff.
- Strong working knowledge of programming analysis, systems design, database design, data communication, network concepts and multiplatform operating systems.
- Ability to assume project leadership and work at the highest level of technical complexity.
- Experience in higher education and administrative systems required with experience in Ellucian’s Banner system preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to communicate regularly with executive management and all users of information services and systems.
- Working knowledge of Oracle RDBMS and Application Server, PL/SQL, Solaris, Red Hat Linux, and Java technologies.
- Working Knowledge in Windows 2003/2008, XP/7 desktop operating systems, Active Directory, Exchange 2010,VMware/vSphere and SAN and NAS solutions.
How to Apply
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter, resume, and a completed Application for Educational Support Staff Employment to the:
Office of Human Resources
Hampton, VA 23668
**No phone calls