Hampton University seeks candidates for the position of Prospect Researcher to implement an advanced prospect research function in the Office of Development. The Prospect Researcher is responsible for delivering a high quality prospect research service to members of the fundraising team and faculty.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform advanced research to obtain and develop profiles on prospective donors which includes individuals, corporations and foundations.
- Manage, analyze and disseminate biographical, demographic and financial data on the University's alumni, donors, prospects and volunteers.
- Serve as an expert user and reference on the University's alumni/donor database and utilize professional resources to research information including news services, financial databases and property assessment records.
- Write original research; formulate strategies; complete prospecting projects; and monitor news sources on a daily basis to capture information on current and future donors and incorporate into profiles and research.
- Bachelor's degree and at least two years of previous office experience.
- Advanced knowledge and experience working with relational and web-based databases.
- Experience using SCT Banner.
- Knowledge of research resources, such as Lexis/Nexis, Dun & Bradstreet, Hoovers.com, Foundation Center, etc.
- Advanced analytical capabilities and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment on various projects simultaneously.
- Previous fundraising/prospect research experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of major corporations, foundations and charitable individuals is preferred.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and a completed Application for Educational Support Staff Employment to the:
Office of Human Resources
Hampton, VA 23668
*No phone calls
**Incomplete application packets will not be processed