The Nurse Practitioner will collaborate with the Medical Director and Physician to conduct and coordinate multiple health care services in providing skillful care to young adults and adults at the Hampton University Health Center.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborates with the Medical Director in promoting the overall mission of the Health Center.
- Provides quality nursing care for clients.
- Promotes relations among the campus community.
- Provides for the management of the Health Center operations.
- Uses appropriate clinical decision making in evaluation of data and in planning management of student care.
- Communicates the overall mission and goals to various groups.
- Conducts research and writes grants.
Master’s degree in Nursing
Successful completion of an accredited Nurse Practitioner program
Two years professional experience in Community Health nursing
Licensed as a Nurse Practitioner by the Commonwealth of Virginia Board of Nursing and Medicine
Certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner
How to Apply
Please submit in one completed packet a letter of interest, a resume, three letters of reference, and an Application for Educational Support Staff Employment to:
Office of Human Resources
Armstrong Slater Building Room 110
Hampton, VA 23668
*no phone calls
**Incomplete application packets will not be considered