Facilitate the mission of the Hampton University Cancer Research Center (HUCRC) by providing administrative, purchasing, and technical support to the Director of the HUCRC and other staff.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work cooperatively with others and accept direction from supervisors
- Provide administrative support for the Director of the HUCRC
- Provide administrative support to the HUCRC staff
- Maintain HUCRC main office files
- Answer main office telephone
- Provide outstanding customer relations for all visitors to the HUCRC including a welcome and brief overview of the HUCRC facilities and rules
- Manage HUCRC purchasing of equipment, consumables and reagents
- Prepare and/or process routing correspondence, letters, memoranda, forms, reports and other documents via computer.
- Process all incoming mail, which includes retrieving and distributing
- Maintain a clean and orderly appearance in the front office and HUCRC
- Complete other duties as assigned
- High school diploma required.
- Associate/business school degree preferred.
- Three – five years previous secretarial experience preferred.
- Previous experience working in higher education desired.
- Advanced computer skills required, utilizing the following programs: Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and Web applications.
- Knowledge of HamptonUniversity policies and procedures helpful.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills necessary.
- Must be detail- oriented, able to work in a fast- paced environment, and manage multi-tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent organizational, technological, and accounting skills required.
- Must be able to prioritize jobs and work with little supervision.
- Must be able to be flexible with work schedule (some evenings and weekends required).
- Must be able to open and close HUCRC using a security code.
How to Apply
Please submit a letter of interest, resume, and an Application for Educational Support Staff Employment to:
Office of Human Resources
Armstrong Slater Building Room 110
Hampton, VA 23668
*No phone calls
**Incomplete applications will not be considered