Facilitate the mission of the Hampton University Transdisciplinary Collaborative Center (HUTCC) by providing administrative, purchasing, and technical support to the Project Manager of the HUTCC and other staff.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work cooperatively with others and accept direction from supervisors
- Provide administrative support for the Project Manager and Deputy Project Manager of the HUTCC
- Provide administrative support to the HUTCC Principal Investigators
- Maintain HUTCC main office files
- Schedule and coordinate meetings
- Record and disseminate meeting minutes
- Track and monitor receipts
- Answer main office telephone
- Provide outstanding customer relations for all visitors to the HUTCC
- Manage HUTCC purchasing
- Prepare and/or process routing correspondence, letters, memoranda, forms, reports and other documents via computer.
- Process all incoming mail, which includes retrieving and distributing
- Maintain a clean and orderly appearance in the front office and HUTCC
- Complete other related duties as assigned
- High school diploma required.
- Associate/business school degree preferred.
- Three – five years previous secretarial experience preferred.
- Previous experience working in higher education desired.
- Advanced computer skills required, utilizing the following programs: Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and Web applications.
- Knowledge of Hampton University policies and procedures helpful.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills necessary.
- Must be detail- oriented, able to work in a fast- paced environment, and manage multi-tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent organizational, technological, and accounting skills required.
- Must be able to prioritize jobs and work with little supervision.
- Must be able to be flexible with work schedule (some evenings and weekends required).
How to Apply
Please submit a letter of interest, resume, and an Application for Educational Support Staff Employment to:
Office of Human Resources
Armstrong Slater Building Room 110
Hampton, VA 23668
*No phone calls
**Incomplete applications will not be considered