Report to the Director of Auxiliary Enterprises. Coordinate and support initiatives relative to the evaluation, process, and handling of insurance claims for the University. Represent the Office of Auxiliary Enterprises and Hampton University in a professional, competent, friendly, and courteous manner.
Duties and Responsibilities
- First person to appear at the scene of any incident (fire, flood, vehicle accident, personal injury, and property damage).
- Take clear photographs to capture the location, cause, damages, and injuries.
- Independently conduct in-depth interviews with each person involved.
- Reduce all interviews to clear comprehensive written reports detailing the time, place and individuals involved.
- Collect and annotate in written records any and all contact information of individuals involved, including witnesses.
- Follow-up interviews with individuals involved in the incident when required; gather and review additional relevant information that may be needed to ensure completeness in the processing of insurance claim/documents.
- Employ efficient organizational skills and exercise independent judgment based on a thorough understanding of the University’s policies and the University’s insurance carrier provisions.
- Skillfully establish and maintain effective work relationships with students, faculty, staff, and the public.
- Respond to emergency situations in a timely manner.
- With minimal supervision, process insurance reimbursements for approval after reviewing claims to ensure that all billing requirements have been met.
- Annually gather precise, detailed and confidential information that is essential for renewing liability insurance policies.
- Utilize an electric online application system to gather information pertaining to the current student enrollment, housing buildings owned, controlled, leased or managed by the university; location of all smoke detectors, approximate number of times a year the university practices full evacuation fire drills at all campus housing; the number of inspections of all campus housing, including fire extinguishers and smoke detectors.
- Maintain and verify an accurate list of legally authorized drivers for the university quarterly.
- Assist in the readiness of the University’s facility for new returning students prior to the beginning of each school year; conduct a thorough walk-thru of all residence halls to inspect lobbies, furniture, linen, and telephones.
- Ensure the overall safety, well-being and cleanliness of all university owned property on and off campus.
- Play a vital role in providing administrative support to the communications department in its daily functions.
- Consistently work with the Telecommunications Manager to promote positive media coverage to ensure that all printing and online presence is consistent with university guidelines.
- Analyze and assist with leading the development and implementation of programs and policies designed to direct the efficiency and standardization of telecommunication operations, training and maintenance programs, and resource management while establishing economic feasibility and maintain operation effectiveness.
- Provide secondary management, supervision, and technical support to all Hampton University Faculty and Staff members both on and off campus.
- Perform work that involves the development, refinement and compliance of telecommunications systems planning and policy direction including short and long range planning; develop and implement a plan to reduce cost and modernize the telecommunications department.
- Report and perform all other duties as assigned during and outside of normal business hours.
- And all other duties as assigned.
- Perform multiple tasks
- Demonstrate excellent organizational skills
- Interface well with all levels of personnel and management
- Work effectively under pressure
- Previous professional experience
- Proficient computer skills including Word, Wxcel, Outlook, and Banner
- Excellent communications skills both verbal and written
- High energy and commitment to accomplishment
How to Apply
Please submit a letter of interest, resume, and an Application for Educational Support Staff Employment to:
Office of Human Resources
Armstrong Building Room 110
Hampton, VA 23668
*No phone calls
**Incomplete applications will not be considered