The School of Pharmacy is seeking a Secretary to provide quality administrative support in a fast- paced environment. This position provides vital administrative and clerical support to the School of Pharmacy and Office of Experiential Education, and serves as the Administrative Assistant to the Director of Experiential Education. The Secretary will be responsible for greeting visitors to the School, entering information into E-Value, an experiential education scheduling database, responding to student inquiries, and assisting with experiential activities and School of Pharmacy events. The successful candidate will be professional, customer - service oriented, and skilled at multi-tasking.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide information by answering questions related to telephone calls.
- Enter and retrieve information from the E-Value system.
- Assist with the coordination of the annual Preceptor Conference.
- Responsible for communicating with preceptors with student related issues.
- Prepare travel paperwork that meet University standards.
- Assistance with implementation of affiliation agreements between the University and other hospitals and institutions.
- Maintain workflow by assisting with communicating with the board of pharmacy application processes, intern license applications, immunization and HIPPA records for all students.
- Assist with the review of background checks, rotation paperwork such as time logs and affidavits for all pharmacy students.
High school diploma with some college preferred.
Reporting Skills, Administrative Writing Skills, Microsoft Office Skills, Managing Processes, Organization, Analyzing Information , Professionalism, Problem Solving, Supply Management, Inventory Control, Verbal Communication.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and a completed Application for Educational Support Staff Employment to:
Office of Human Resources
Hampton, VA 23668