The Cornerbacks Coach Defensive Pass Game Coordinator is responsible for supporting the Head Coach by coaching student athletes, recruiting, monitoring student athlete academic progress, scheduling, managing travel and overseeing the discipline, conduct, and image of the student athlete.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for recruiting quality prospective student-athletes and ensure timely submission of their Academic records for admissions.
• Plan coaching and practice sessions in accordance with NCAA and MEAC Conference regulations.
• Coach team members individually and in groups, and demonstrate game techniques. Manage the designated skill development for Cornerbacks.
• Develop and recommend Defensive Pass Game strategy and position assignments with collaboration of the Defensive Coordinator and Head coach.
• Ensure adherence to all Association, Conference, and University rules by athletes and supporting staff.
• Monitor academic progress and status of team members, implementing action plans through appropriate staff when needed.
• Monitor and maintain the discipline and conduct of student athletes to support the image and reputation of the athletics program.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to coach outside areas in hot and cold weather, and the exposure to elements such as rain, snow, and loud noises. The duties require moderate to active physical activity, handling of weights and objects weighing 25 to 50 pounds, and standing or waling more than four hours per day.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with 2 to 3 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have the working knowledge and compliance with NCAA rules and regulations and have the ability to counsel and advise player. Must have experience in recruiting and motivating players.
The Assistant Coach reports to the Head Football Coach. This position reports to the Head Football Coach. This is a professional coaching position and all of the duties of the position must be conducted in Adherence with the policies, rules, and regulations of affiliated national, regional, and state Intercollegiate athletic associations, the MEAC Conference and the University.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and a completed Application for Educational Support Staff Employment either in person, via email at HROffice@hamptonu.edu, or fax to (757) 727-5969:
Office of Human Resources
Hampton, VA 23668
**No phone calls
**Incomplete applications will not be considered