This secretary will provide secretarial and clerical support for the Department of Banking, Finance, and Accounting.
Duties and Responsibilities
This position requires the technical typing of reports, exams, memos, etc., as well as thorough knowledge of sound office procedures and basic office management principles.
In some cases, this position will require
- The preparation of presentations;
- The maintenance of the calendars of high level employees in the department;
- Securing travel arrangements;
The successful candidate may also be asked to schedule appointments, meetings, and conferences.
The successful candidate must have:
- Previous professional experience;
- Proficient computer skills including experience with the Microsoft Office suite;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- High energy and a commitment to accomplishment;
- The ability to multi-task;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- The ability to excel in a team-oriented environment;
- The ability to interface well with all levels of personnel and management, and;
- The ability to work effectively under pressure.
How to Apply
Please submit a letter of interest, resume, and a completed Application for Educational Support Staff Employment to the:
Office of Human Resources
Hampton, VA 23668
*No phone calls
**Incomplete applications will not be considered