Additional Funding Resources
Finding the right grant opportunity is the most time consuming work in the grantsmanship process. Plan to spend at least half your time in:
- Finding the agency;
- Investigating previous projects that the agency has funded;
- Learning about the grant proposal requirements.
Therefore, it is imperative that one becomes familiar with your chosen grant funders.
Below are some search engines that can be used to find data bases regarding grant opportunities and other information that you may find helpful by using key identifying terms:
All funding agencies and most foundations send eNewsletters
with their grant information.
Several examples are listed below:
- Philanthropy News Digest
- Philanthropy News Network Online
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- National Endowment for the Arts
- Grant.gov (all federal grants)
- University of Wisconsin at Madison