Students seeking re-entry into the University must file an
application with the Director of Admission in the term of planned
re-entry and follow the procedures enumerated below.
- Submit an application for readmission by July 1 for the fall semester, December 1 for the spring semester.
- Provide a copy of transcripts of academic work completed at other institutions since separating from Hampton University, if applicable. (See notes below)
Students seeking readmission please note the following:
- The readmission process requires approval from four units to include:
- Vice President for Student Affairs
- Academic Department Chairperson
- Student Health Center
- Student Counseling Center
The Office of Admission will request the above approvals on
behalf of the student. Please allow two to three weeks for
completion of this process.
Once the process has been completed, the Office of Admission
will notify the readmission applicant in writing.
Applications submitted closer to deadlines may require additional processing time.
Students seeking readmission after a dismissal must also adhere to the following:
- If separation from the University was related to a first
academic dismissal, a student must complete six credit hours of
non-repeat courses at Hampton University and earn a 2.5 grade point
average prior to the term of re-entry.
- If separation from the University was related to a second
dismissal, a student must complete six credit hours of non repeat
courses at a different college than Hampton University, and earn a
2.5 grade point average prior to the term of re-entry
Any student with more than three voluntary withdrawals (for
reasons other than medical ones) during his or her tenure, or with
three academic dismissals is ineligible to apply for re-entry.