Career Counseling and Planning Center
Online Career Assessment and Exploration Program: SIGI3
SIGI3 is self-directed and is designed for students who want to choose a major or narrow their career field based on their values, interest, personality traits, and skills. Also, students can obtain up-to-date information such as educational requirements, descriptions of work activities and salary ranges on hundreds of occupations. SIGI3 is available to all Hampton University students 24 hours a day on our website.
The Career Counseling and Planning Center staff recommends that students make an appointment with a career counselor to review their SIGI3 results. While in the Career Center, students may also explore other resources that can assist in making informed career decisions.
Contact the Career Counseling and Planning Center to schedule an appointment at 757-727-5331.
Directions for Accessing SIGI3
If this is your first time using SIGI3, you must CREATE AN ACCOUNT in the NEW USERS box. Follow the instructions below to create your SIGI3 account:
- Go to the SIGI3 Website
- Login with your InfoTech username and password to verify that you are a current student
- Create a SIGI3 NEW USER ID using your Hampton University ID
- Create a password that is easy to remember
- SIGI3 saves your work and you can return to the program at any time
- At minimum, complete the values, interests and activities sections, research your career options
- Print out your results and schedule an appointment to meet with a career counselor to discuss your results
- Contact the Career Counseling and Planning Center if you
need assistance with logging into SIGI3
Click here to use SIGI3