Student Counseling Center
- Academic and Mental Health Counselors conducted approximately 750 face to face contacts with students during the fall 2009 semester - typical level of contact.
- The Counseling Center currently has a Tobacco Cessation Group for Students, and one for faculty and staff; and a Behavior Management Group for students with code of conduct violation problems.
- The Counseling Center is an active participant in new student orientation through presentations to parents and new students, and by sponsoring new transfer student activities.
- The Center welcomes and receives referrals for counseling services from all faculty and staff areas.
- Counselors accept invitations to make presentations in the classroom setting.
- The range of professional experience among staff members includes:
- Counseling children, adolescents and adults;
- Teaching at primary, secondary, undergraduate and graduate levels;
- Administration in mental health, educational, and corporate entities.