Current Student Financial Aid
When logging into HUNet Administrative Services for the first time:
- Enter your HUNet User ID and HUNet Password
- When prompted, enter your Personal Security Question, along with the Answer
- Select Submit
To accept award:
- Access your HU Net account at:
- Select HUNet Administrative Services (New HUNet Admin)
- Enter Secure Area - Enter User ID and Password
- Select Financial Aid
- Select Award
- Select Award for Aid Year
- Select Financial Aid Year 2013-2014
You MUST view, read and accept all policies and disclosures under the Resources/Additional Information tab before you will be able to access the Accept Award Offer tab to view and accept your award.
Please be aware that all first time student borrowers will need to complete Entrance Loan Counseling and sign a Master Promissory Note (MPN) with Direct Loans.
Start the acceptance process by clicking here!
To Accept the Federal Direct PLUS Loan (Instructions for Parents):
- Visit www.hamptonu.edu
- Select Departments & Offices
- Select Financial Aid
- Select Your Status
- You will be directed to another website to complete the PLUS loan request. This process will authorize the U.S. Department of Education to run a credit check. The parent needs to be sure to log in using the parent's personal information on www.studentloans.gov. The school will be notified within 72 hours of the application being submitted. Please view the loan delivery process page for further information.
Note: If your financial aid award includes an offer for Federal Direct PLUS Loan, you must first successfully pass a basic credit check each year you wish to borrow.
For those whom are interested in other possible financing options, we encourage you to contact the student's assigned Financial Aid Advisor, to discuss options for obtaining a Federal Stafford Unsubsidized Loan, or applying for a Private/Alternative Loan.
If you are interested in a Private/Alternative Loan, please refer to our suggested lender listing by clicking the following link: http://schoollenderlist.com/hampton-private. Financial Aid Advisors can be reached toll-free at 800-624-3341 or 757-727-5332.
For your added convenience, you may also click on the "Contact Us" option, located on the financial aid office web page main menu.