From the Director,
You are ready to accept your financial aid award,
please carefully read the following stipulations and conditions
listed below! It provides details on general eligibility
requirements, as it relates to receiving financial aid. Please note
that the below list, should not be construed as all inclusive, but
serves as an informational guide to help better inform you about
the financial aid process here at HU. In any event, we asked that
you contact your financial advisor should you have additional questions
concerning your financial award.
Customer service is very important to us!
By accepting your financial aid award, you agree that
you have read and understand the following features listed on
the financial aid website: financial aid news, the financial aid
process, types of aid, receiving aid, frequently asked questions,
important dates; and advisor information. In addition, listed below
are some routine conditions that could adversely your financial
aid award. To remain eligible
for your award, you should be aware of the following stipulations
- You must meet federal standards of satisfactory academic progress
- You must be enrolled full-time in order to receive aid from
the state of Virginia financial aid programs (residents only);
- You must be enrolled full-time (generally) for all institutional
- You must be enrolled at least half-time in order to receive
- Your total aid (e.g. private loans, and aid from external sources)
cannot exceed the cost of education, as determined by the financial
- Your financial aid will be prorated if you are mid-year/transfer
student, or you enroll for a single semester;
- Your financial aid could be subject to an adjustment should
you completely withdraw from school or drop classes;
- You must complete entrance loan counseling (first-time recipients
of federal loans at HU), and, you must complete exit counseling,
if you withdraw, are enrolled less than half-time, or if you are
scheduled to graduate;
- You must report all financial awards for which you expect to
receive from external sources to the financial aid office;
- You must adhere to all deadline dates applicable to the processing
of your financial aid (i.e. fall, spring and summer);
- You must contact financial aid should you decide to take courses
outside of the university consortium (as determined by the Office
of the Registrar);
- Your financial aid award is subject to adjustment should it
be deemed necessary by the financial aid office;
- You must contact the Office of Student Accounts on all matters
relating to costs, charges, fees, past due balances, refunds, and,
posting payments; and
- You are primarily responsible for knowing about your financial
- Because Continuing Education and HU Online students are allowed to register for multiple sessions within a given semester, financial aid funds are not disbursed to student accounts until AFTER the drop/add period of the second session. This is to ensure students are both charged and disbursed accurate eligible funds for a given semester.
- You must come prepared to pay for books, supplies and off campus expenses which may be incurred because of possible delays in the issuance of refunds.
- You must report any changes in name, address or student status immediately.
- You must reapply for financial aid each academic year.
ALL AWARDS ARE FINAL AND NON-NEGOTIABLE
We highly recommend that you read each
adjoining link on our web page to gain a better
understanding of the overall financial aid process.
By continuing and completing
the award acceptance process, you accept and agree to abide by the terms
and conditions of this agreement. The Financial Aid office may amend terms
and conditions of this agreement at any time.