Summer 2014 Financial Aid
To ensure that you adhere to all deadlines, please visit our Important Dates Page.
Eligibility for Summer Financial Aid is based on information submitted on the 2013-2014 FAFSA. In addition to the FAFSA, we require that you complete a Summer School Financial Aid Application, which signals to us that you are interested in aid. The Summer School Financial Aid Application will be available ONLINE between April 15th and June 6th.
Direct Stafford Loans for Summer are available only for students whom:
- Have not already used their full eligibility during the 2013-2014 academic year
- Attended either Fall and/or Spring semesters during the 2013-2014 academic year
- Are attaining Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) and have not been Academically Dismissed during the 2013-2014 academic year
- Undergraduate & Professional Students: are enrolled for a minimum of 6 credit hours during the Summer 2014 term
- Graduate Students: are enrolled for a minimum of 4 credit hours during the Summer 2014 term
Students who have used their maximum Stafford eligibility have the option to apply for an alternative loan. These are credit based loans in the student's name. In most cases, a co signer would be required for approval. The credit decision is solely that of the lender you select. There is a preferred lender list to assist with the selection process. It is strongly encouraged to apply for your alternative loan during the designated dates between April 15th and June 3rd to ensure that your loans are factored for clearance and timely disbursement. Also, parents of Dependent students (as defined by the US Department of Education) may also borrow (if creditworthy) under the PLUS Loan Program.
Before registering for the Summer Session, Continuing Students must pay any balance due from previous enrollment(s). Questions regarding past due balances must be directed to the Office of Student Accounts. They can be reached at 1-800-624-3327.
Should you have any questions concerning the status of your application, feel free to contact your assigned Financial Aid Counselor through our Contact Us link. If you live on campus or reside in the area, we strongly recommend that you visit the Office of Financial Aid to address any questions you may have about your summer financial aid.