The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 requires
that all transcripts requests be in writing, signed, and dated
by the person to whom the record belongs.
Before you order a transcript, please read the following:
The Hampton University transcripts come in individually sealed envelopes. Transcript requests are not processed if the student has an outstanding obligation, financial or otherwise. The issuance of partial transcripts is also strictly prohibited.
There are three ways to order an official transcript from Hampton University:
For the fastest service, Hampton University has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide transcript ordering via the Web. You can order transcripts with this service using any major credit card.
- To order an official transcript(s), login to the Clearinghouse secure site-Hampton University.
- The site will walk you through placing your order, including delivery options and fees. You can order as many as 20 transcripts in a single session.
- Your signed consent is required to fulfill your transcript order. For your convenience, a consent form will be generated for your order that you can return to the National Student Clearinghouse via electronic signature, fax, mail or as a scanned email attachment.
- Order updates will be emailed to you to notify you when we have received and processed your order. You can also check order status or history online. Your card will only be charged after your order has been completed.
- If you need help or have questions about the National Student Clearinghouse’s transcript ordering service, contact them via e-mail or phone 703-742-7791.
- If you need any attachments sent along with your transcript, please note that in the special instructions box you’ll find during the ordering process. Then, fax or mail the attachment to The Office of the Registrar and indicate that it should be included with your transcript order and the date of your order.
If you do not have a credit card, you can use the Transcript Request Form to place your order. We must receive a signed request from a student in order to release a transcript. The Transcript Request Form must be mailed with payment.
If you do not have a credit card or access to a printer you may write a letter and mail it. In your letter, please include the following information:
- Full Name as it appears on your record. (Please include your maiden name, if married, or any other name used while enrolled at the university.)
- Your Student ID Number or your Social Security Number
- First Term and Last Term Attended and Graduation Date (if applicable)
- Address to which the transcript is to be mailed
- Your Return Address and Telephone Number in the event we need to contact you
- Sign (we will not process your transcript request without your signature) and date your request.
If you are not placing your order online, you can pay for your transcript order by Cashier’s Check or money order only.
- Processing fee: $ 10.00 per copy
- Payment should accompany your request. Make money order or cashier's check payable to Hampton University. No personal checks accepted!
- We will not accept phone, faxed or e-mailed requests!
Office of the University Registrar
Hampton, Virginia 23668
Phone (757) 727-5324
If you are requesting an Undergraduate a Graduate
then the price is $10.00 per transcript.
**Please allow 3 to 5 business days to process your request.
ORDER ONLINE FOR FASTER SERVICE!
- Request to send via FAX- $7.00 per facsimile plus $10.00 per copy - Transcript will be faxed within 3 to 5 business days after the order is received. Faxed transcripts will be unofficial.
- U.S. Addresses: 15.25 per address plus $10.00 per copy - Transcript will be mailed via FED-EX Overnight Shipment within 1 business day after the order is received.
- International Addresses: $40.00 per address plus $10.00 per copy - Transcript will be mailed via FED-EX Overnight Shipment within 1 business day after the order is received. The recipient should receive the transcript within 1-3 business days.
- All requests for express service must be received by 3:00 p.m. eastern time to be sent that day.
- Please note that we are unable to deliver express transcripts to Post Office boxes. A street address is required.