Student Support Services Fact Sheet
Student Support Services - "Your Link to Graduation"
We believe that students can overcome invisible barriers and make great academic strides if they take advantage of the educational support services available.
We exist to help students maintain the academic performance level required for satisfactory standing at Hampton University, thereby increasing the chance for graduation.
To develop and implement educational services and activities that will motivate and assist students toward the achievement of their academic, career, social, and personal goals.
To qualify for participation in the Student Support Services Program at Hampton University, applicants must:
- Be enrolled at Hampton University
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States
- Meet one or more of the requirements established by the U.S. Department
- Low income
- First-generation college student (neither parent, legal guardian with whom the student resides, has received a bachelor’s degree)
- Physical or learning disability
We provide the following services absolutely free!
- Academic, personal, social, career, financial aid counseling
- Individualized tutoring
- Educational and career seminars
- Direct financial assistance for eligible program participants
Student Suppport Services
P.O Box 6212
Hampton, VA 23668
Fax: (757) 728-6614
Phone: (757) 727-5611
Mikael Davis, Director
Kristie Cansler, Tutor Coordinator
Sylvia Jackson, Admin. Assistant
Jelisa Sinn-Braswell, Counselor