Student Support Services History
- Student Support Service was established in 1968 to offer support services to eligible participants at the postsecondary level, thereby increasing graduation and retention rates.
- Student Support Services was initiated at Hampton University, then Hampton Institute, in 1973 as the Student Special Services Program.
- The program has had 6 directors and has served approximately 6000 students.
- Student Support Services is funded by the U.S. Department of Education in the amount of $313,555.00.
- The program serves 190 eligible participants.
Student Suppport Services
P.O Box 6212
Hampton, VA 23668
Fax: (757) 728-6614
Phone: (757) 727-5611
Mikael Davis, Director
Asia Randolph, Counselor
Sylvia Jackson, Admin. Assistant