SSS Scholarships and Internships
Student Support Services would like to make its participants aware of the following opportunities. If you need help drafting resumes and/or personal statements for any of these scholarship applications, stop by our office or make an appointment today.
- "The Joint Forces Staff College (JFSC) has a summer
internship opportunity for undergraduates interested in researching
ethics. Interns serve as research assistants in support of the JFSC
core curriculum. This is an invaluable experience. Students may
also receive course credit if desired."
Internship Position Description »
- City of Hampton (Summer Job Opportunities)
- The Big Ten+ Graduate School Expo is a two-day mini conference designed for students interested in graduate education. At the expo, students will:
- Get an inside look at graduate school and the application process
- Receive advice about funding opportunities from experts
- Network with representatives from more than 75 of the nation's top graduate institutions
- Attend a premier graduate school fair
- State Council of Higher Education for Virginia – Financial Aid Programs for Undergraduate Students
Request for Letter of Reference
This form is used to confirm a request for a letter of reference and required when said reference contains non-directory information to include GPA, HUID and/or information from evaluations. References include recommendations for employment, honors, admissions, scholarship and internship applications.
Give this completed and signed form, along with your resume, to the staff member whom you wish to write the reference for you. Please make your request with a minimum of 5-10 business days before deadline.
Student Suppport Services
P.O Box 6212
Hampton, VA 23668
Fax: (757) 728-6614
Phone: (757) 727-5611
Mikael Davis, Director
Jelisa Sinn-Braswell, Counselor
Apryl Jarrett, Tutor Coordinator
Sylvia Jackson, Admin. Assistant