SSS Scholarships and Internships
Student Support Services would like to make its participants aware of the following opportunities. If you need help drafting resumes and/or personal statements for any of these scholarship applications, stop by our office or make an appointment today.
- "The Joint Forces Staff College (JFSC) has a summer
internship opportunity for undergraduates interested in researching
ethics. Interns serve as research assistants in support of the JFSC
core curriculum. This is an invaluable experience. Students may
also receive course credit if desired."
Internship Position Description »
- City of Hampton (Summer Job Opportunities)
- The Big Ten+ Graduate School Expo is a two-day mini conference designed for students interested in graduate education. At the expo, students will:
- Get an inside look at graduate school and the application process
- Receive advice about funding opportunities from experts
- Network with representatives from more than 75 of the nation's top graduate institutions
- Attend a premier graduate school fair
- State Council of Higher Education for Virginia – Financial Aid Programs for Undergraduate Students
- The Coast Guard College Student Pre-Commissioning Initiative (CSPI) scholarship is open to high performing students. Current sophomores and juniors can apply for this scholarship. View the U.S. Coast Guard Scholarship flyer »
CSPI scholarship recipients receive:
- Up to 2 years of tuition, fees, and books.
- Up to $3,600 monthly salary while a student at Hampton University.
- Paid medical and dental insurance.
- Upon graduation, guaranteed assignment to Coast Guard Officer Candidate School (OCS).
Apply now to jump start your career!
- SUMR at University of Pennsylvania
- SOAR Education, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization
that provides expanded learning opportunities and social support to
help students Surpass Obstacles and Achieve Results. Our free Afterschool Academy features daily small group instruction
(facilitated by a certified teacher), one-on-one homework support,
weekend meal support, parent workshops and assistance with school
supplies. Last school year, 83 percent of SOAR 4th graders and all
SOAR 3rd graders passed the math Standards of Learning (SOLs).
We are committed to providing high quality instruction for our young scholars, and to this end, seek talented college students to serve as interns with our program. Currently, we offer internship opportunities in education, health and human services and non-profit development. Please contact Dr. Latoya Harrison at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
More Information »
- Century Link Internet Services
Century Link Internet Services is offering a $1,000 scholarship. This is open to current students, to help offset tuition costs. To be eligible, current students must submit a 500-800 word blog post sharing how the Internet has increased his or her awareness. The deadline to apply is April 24, 2015.
More Details »
- The Mary Blackwell Barnes Memorial Scholarship
The Virginia Women in Public Finance (VAWPF) scholarship program provides, annually, up to five recipients with a scholarship in amounts ranging from $1,000 to $5,000. The scholarship is named in honor of Mary Blackwell Barnes, a dedicated servant of public finance. The deadline to apply is May 31, 2015.
Download/View Overview/Application (PDF) »
- Kids' Chance of Virginia Scholarship
Kids' Chance of Virginia, Inc. was founded in 2011 with the goal of awarding academic scholarships to deserving children who have been adversely impacted by the work-related injury of a parent. To find out more visit www.kidschanceva.org. Application Deadline: May 1, 2015. Applications should be sent to 12701 Marblestone Drive, Suite 250, Woodbridge, VA 22192.
Download the Application »
- ATS Infographic Scholarship 2015
ATTSavings.com invites students to create an original infographic showing how technology enhances learning to win a $1,000 scholarship. Entries must be received by July 17th, 2015.
Application Link: http://www.attsavings.com/scholarship »
- The University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign is still accepting applications for the 2015-2016 Academic Year for the following positions:
- Graduate Mentor for Student Success (GM)
- Study Skills Coordinator
- Academic Assistant/Tutor Coordinator for Math and Science
- Academic Assistant/Tutor Coordinator for Writing
- Research Assistant
- Special Events Assistant
Request for Letter of Reference
This form is used to confirm a request for a letter of reference and required when said reference contains non-directory information to include GPA, HUID and/or information from evaluations. References include recommendations for employment, honors, admissions, scholarship and internship applications.
Give this completed and signed form, along with your resume, to the staff member whom you wish to write the reference for you. Please make your request with a minimum of 5-10 business days before deadline.
Student Suppport Services
P.O Box 6212
Hampton, VA 23668
Fax: (757) 728-6614
Phone: (757) 727-5611
Mikael Davis, Director
Asia Randolph, Counselor
Sylvia Jackson, Admin. Assistant