SSS Scholarships and Internships
Student Support Services would like to make its participants aware of the following opportunities. If you need help drafting resumes and/or personal statements for any of these scholarship applications, stop by our office or make an appointment today.
- Virginia Education Opportunities Program Personnel (VAEOPP) Student Scholarship
In order to apply, you must fulfill the following qualifications:
- Participated in the S³ program for a minimum of 2 semesters.
- Participated in the S³ program for the current academic year.
- Be 19 years of age or older.
- Submit a letter of recommendation from a Faculty member at the University.
- Submit an official college transcript, upon request (not initially needed for application packet).
- Have a minimum cumulative college GPA of 3.0.
View/Download the Application »
- "The Joint Forces Staff College (JFSC) has a summer
internship opportunity for undergraduates interested in researching
ethics. Interns serve as research assistants in support of the JFSC
core curriculum. This is an invaluable experience. Students may
also receive course credit if desired."
Internship Position Description »
- City of Hampton (Summer Job Opportunities)
- The Big Ten+ Graduate School Expo is a two-day mini conference designed for students interested in graduate education. At the expo, students will:
- Get an inside look at graduate school and the application process
- Receive advice about funding opportunities from experts
- Network with representatives from more than 75 of the nation's top graduate institutions
- Attend a premier graduate school fair
- State Council of Higher Education for Virginia – Financial Aid Programs for Undergraduate Students
- The Commonwealth STEM Industry Internship Program (CSIIP) is an internship program managed by the Virginia Space Grant Consortium. CSIIP is an online program that serves as a vehicle linking Virginia’s STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) undergraduates majors to more than 100 companies throughout Virginia that are offering paid internship opportunities in STEM-related fields. CSIIP is funded by the Commonwealth of Virginia, and is free to use for students, college career services, and participating companies.
Student benefits include…
- A Certificate of Completion signed by Governor McAuliffe.
- Access to free and informative webcasts posted on the CSIIP website.
- A convenient single-application process to reach 100+ companies across Virginia. Students don’t need to reapply each year.
- No application deadlines
- CSIIP applications roll over for future years, and updating your application is easier than ever
- Students can indicate an interest in a specific organization or specific internship opportunity.
- Opportunity for excellent hands-on experience related to their field of study.
Students can call Christa Hahn or Scott Bellows at 757-766-5210 if they have any questions regarding the CSIIP application process, student eligibility, or other CSIIP-related items. They may also email CSIIP directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Coast Guard College Student Pre-Commissioning Initiative (CSPI) scholarship is open to high performing students. Current sophomores and juniors can apply for this scholarship. View the U.S. Coast Guard Scholarship flyer »
CSPI scholarship recipients receive:
- Up to 2 years of tuition, fees, and books.
- Up to $3,600 monthly salary while a student at Hampton University.
- Paid medical and dental insurance.
- Upon graduation, guaranteed assignment to Coast Guard Officer Candidate School (OCS).
Apply now to jump start your career!
- Donald M. Payne International Development Fellowship Program
- Application Deadline - January 20, 2015
- Charles B. Rangel International Affairs Fellowship Program
- Application Deadline - January 14, 2015
- SUMR at University of Pennsylvania
- SOAR Education, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization
that provides expanded learning opportunities and social support to
help students Surpass Obstacles and Achieve Results. Our free Afterschool Academy features daily small group instruction
(facilitated by a certified teacher), one-on-one homework support,
weekend meal support, parent workshops and assistance with school
supplies. Last school year, 83 percent of SOAR 4th graders and all
SOAR 3rd graders passed the math Standards of Learning (SOLs).
We are committed to providing high quality instruction for our young scholars, and to this end, seek talented college students to serve as interns with our program. Currently, we offer internship opportunities in education, health and human services and non-profit development. Please contact Dr. Latoya Harrison at email@example.com for more information.
More Information »
- Century Link Internet Services
Century Link Internet Services is offering a $1,000 scholarship. This is open to current students, to help offset tuition costs. To be eligible, current students must submit a 500-800 word blog post sharing how the Internet has increased his or her awareness. The deadline to apply is April 24, 2015.
More Details »
- TRIO College Students: Paid Summer Internships at ACT
TRIO participants are encouraged to apply for paid summer internships offered by ACT at its headquarters in Iowa City, IA from June 1 to July 31, 2015.
ACT is an educational testing and research organization. The ACT internship includes a salary for the eight- to 10-week positions, which range from quantitative research to educational training, proposal management, software development, and game-based assessment.
Request for Letter of Reference
This form is used to confirm a request for a letter of reference and required when said reference contains non-directory information to include GPA, HUID and/or information from evaluations. References include recommendations for employment, honors, admissions, scholarship and internship applications.
Give this completed and signed form, along with your resume, to the staff member whom you wish to write the reference for you. Please make your request with a minimum of 5-10 business days before deadline.
Student Suppport Services
P.O Box 6212
Hampton, VA 23668
Fax: (757) 728-6614
Phone: (757) 727-5611
Mikael Davis, Director
Asia Randolph, Counselor
Sylvia Jackson, Admin. Assistant