Database - Alphabetical >Database
by Subject > E-Journal >
Research Guides >Remote
Liaison: Alfred Willis (757) 728-6767
- Academic Search Complete - (HU Subscription) - via EbscoHost - Index provides coverage on a broad range of topics, many fulltext articles.
- America's Newspapers - (HU Subscription) - fulltext news from Newsbank.
- Communication & Mass Media Complete - via EBSCOhost - journals in communication and mass media.
- Dissertation & Thesis Fulltext - via Proquest - index of over 2 million dissertations from U.S., Canadian, British, and other European dissertations and theses
- Ethnic NewsWatch - (2 user limit) - via Proquest - fultext publications of ethnic, minority & native press
- FACTIVA - Business News
- NewspaperDirect PressDisplay – (HU Subscription) - full-color, fullpage collection of major U.S. and international newspapers.
- OMNI File Fulltext Mega Edition - (HU
Subscription) - via WilsonWeb - a multi-subject database
- PAIS - Public Affairs Information Service - via Proquest - index of publications on global public affairs and policy.
- Sociological Abstracts - via Proquest - indexes the international literature in sociology
- Westlaw Campus Research - law reviews and journals, federal and state case law, full text of the United States Code Annotated (USCA), American Jurisprudence, American Law Reports, business, trade, and professional journals, newspapers, newswires, magazines, and broadcast transcripts.
- American Society of Newspaper Editors
- is a membership organization for daily newspaper editors, people
who serve the editorial needs of daily newspapers and certain distinguished
individuals who have worked on behalf of editors through the years."
- Associated Collegiate Press
(ACP) - has "had college members since its inception in 1921,
ACP was first established as a distinct division in 1933. Today it is
the largest and oldest national membership organization for college
student media in the United States."
- Association for Education in Journalism
and Mass Communication (AEJMC) - an international association of
more than 3,300 journalism/mass communication faculty, students, administrators,
and professionals. AEJMC's members come from more than 28 countries,
with the majority working in the United States and Canada. Founded in
1912, AEJMC is the oldest and largest association of journalism and
mass communication educators and administrators at the college level."
- Investigative Reporters and Editors,
Inc. (IRE) - has as its purpose to provide "educational services
to reporters, editors and others interested in investigative journalism."
- Journalism Education Association
- leads "the way in scholastic journalism and media education since
- Journalism tools index.
- Journalist's Guide to the Internet
- reporting tool for daily journalists designed to help them navigate
the Internet under tight deadlines. Offers links to useful sites for
reporters and editors.
- Newseum -
displays some daily newspaper front pages from various dates