Reserves > Interlibrary Loan
> Illiad > Library
Instruction > Ask-A-Librarian >
Reference Services > Additional
- A bill exchange machine is located in the copy room on the first floor of the Harvey Library. The machine will provide $1 bills in exchange for a $5, $10, or $20. The machine does not provide any change in coins. If you discover that the machine is out of order, please notify the library administration office.
- You must log in to library computers with your Hampton University Infotech Account. For your own security, please log off your account when you are done. Guests or individuals who do not have HU Infotech Accounts, may obtain a Password from the Circulation Desk. Guest passwords expire at the end of the day.
– Harvey Library has a single-use DVD player and a single-use VCR player, both with headphones, located near the Circulation Desk. We also have a TV/DVD unit and a TV/VCR on the 2nd Floor Periodicals Dept.
- there are several Group Study Rooms that hold about 6 - 8 people located on the 3rd & 4rth floors, available on a first come, first serve basis.
- The Harvey Library provides Internet stations
on the 1st and 2nd floors and wireless Internet access throughout the library for
patrons with laptop computers. Computers are available on a first-come,
first-serve basis. Use of the computers is governed by the University's
policy on computing use. Additional access to the Internet may be found
in the ATM and in various computer labs located around campus.
- Items found abandoned in the Harvey Library may be taken to the Circulation Desk on the 1st floor. Patrons looking for lost items may inquire at the Circulation Desk at (757) 727-5372.
- Network printers are available
near the Internet stations. Black and white prints page costs $0.05 and color costs $0.50. You need a Pirate Power
card (HU ID card) in order to print. A guest printing card may be purchased in the first floor copier room near the Circulation Desk for $2.00.
- Available off the Atrium lobby on the first floor.
- The Harvey Library provides access to photocopiers on all floors. Copiers print in black and white with the exception of one color copier located in the 1st floor photocopy room. You must use your Pirate Power Card to make copies. Black and White Copies are $0.10 and color copies are $1.00.
– a machine is located on the 1st floor of Harvey Library in the Photocopier room. You can add money to your Pirate Power card (HU ID) at this machine. A 2nd machine is located in the University Administration Building.
– Harvey Library has a 100-seat Meeting Room in the Atrium, which may be reserved for university-related functions. Visit the Library Administration Office to reserve the room. The room has a ceiling mounted projector with remote control. If you need any other media such as a laptop with internet access, you must contact Media Productions (x 5433). If you need a specific table/chair setup you must contact HU Housekeeping (x 5462).
- Security officers are available at the Atrium Service Desk and make
rounds throughout the building. There is also an emergency call box in
the 24-Hour Study Room that connects directly to the University Police
Department. Security cameras are mounted outside and inside the building
for your protection. For all emergencies, please notify a security officer
or library staff at the service desks or call 5666 at any library phone or 727-5666.
- The 24-Hour Study Room offers food
and beverage vending machines located at the back of the room.
- The Harvey Library provides access to a 24-hour study area that is operational throughout the year with the exception of winter and summer breaks and holidays when the library is closed. The entrance to the 24-hour study room is located at the front of the building to the right of the main entrance. It is equipped with individual carrels and group study rooms with Internet access for patrons with laptop computers. For security purposes you must swipe your HU ID card for entrance to the 24-Hour Study.
TOP OF PAGE
Updated PB 04/29/10