Services > Library Instruction
> Ask-A-Librarian >Additional
Services > Interlibrary Loan
> Illiad > Circulation&
To register for library privileges, please present a valid Hampton University
campus ID to the Circulation Service Desk on the 1st floor of the Harvey
Undergraduates, HU Staff
| Honors Program Students,Graduate Students, Faculty and Administrators
|ALL: AV Materials
Alumni - Must have valid Alumni Card
- Renew Online - by using FIND BOOKS (Online Catalog). Select My Account and Renew My Materials. Enter your User ID,
which is your HU ID Number
and your PIN, which is the last 4 digits of your HU ID Number. Click on List Charged Items.
- In person - at the Circulation Desk
- By phone - call the Circulation Desk at (757)727-5372 during
TOP OF PAGE
Overdue fines are $.20 per day per item. Maximum fine is $10.00.
Consortium applications and borrower cards are available at the
Circulation Desk. Hampton University is a member of the Virginia Tidewater
Consortium for Higher Education VTC
which enables students, staff, and faculty to borrow library materials
from any of the VTC member institutions.
Academic Reserve materials, available at the Circulation Desk,
can be located using the Online Catalog Reserve Desk feature. Present a valid
Hampton University ID and request the reserve item by Reserve Call Number
at the Circulation Desk. Search reserve materials by:
- Instructor Name
- Course Number
- Course Name
Faculty can place materials on reserve at the Circulation Desk
by following these guidelines:
- Note: Academic Reserves are held for 1 semester unless extended by the instructor. They are returned to the instructor by campus mail if the Circulation staffdoes not recieve notification of an extension.
- US copyright law obligates a person to seek permission
of the copyright holder before making or using multiple photocopies
of copyrighted works published within the last 75 years.
- It is library policy that copyright permissions and
royalty fees be obtained and paid by the individual or department requesting
reserve services. This can be accomplished in one of the following ways:
provide the library a copy of the letter seeking permission from the
copyright holder to use the work and/or the response (Sample permission
letters are available at the Circulation Desk) provide proof that
royalty fees have been paid.
Additional Information Is Available From These Web sites:
Updated PB 07/16/11