Hampton University URISE Program - Eligibility
Each year interested Pre-URISE students will apply during the spring semester of their sophomore year to the URISE Scholarship Program. The URISE Program Steering Committee will then select 4 applicants to participate in the URISE Scholars program based on the criteria below:
- Strong commitment to matriculation into either a PhD or MD/PhD program in biomedical sciences upon completion of the Bachelor degree and strong commitment to a research career in biomedical sciences.
- Participation and completion of the pre-URISE program and curriculum.
- U.S. citizen, noncitizen national or permanent resident.
- Full-time sophomore with a major in biology, biochemistry, mathematics, or chemical engineering.
- Overall GPA of at least 3.0
- Submission of two strong letters of recommendation.