Hampton University URISE Program - Scholarship
The URISE program:
- Supports partial tuition and fees in the amount of $14,970 per year per URISE Scholar for his/her junior and senior academic school years.
- Provides a stipend in the amount of $1,114 per month per URISE Scholar for 24 consecutive months (junior and senior years), starting June 1st of the rising junior year. In some rare instances, URISE Scholars might start on September 1st of their junior year and therefore their scholarship would be for 21 consecutive months instead of 24.
- Helps partially defray the cost of two summer research experiences (SRE) at research intensive institutes. Trainee will not be reimbursed if the research institute covers these expenses.
- Helps partially defray the cost of attending at least one conference in the continental USA
- which will be chosen by the URISE director during either the trainee’s junior or senior year.
The URISE Scholarship Program is normally a 24 month program.
However, please note that:
- All URISE awards and activities are contingent upon:
- Availability of funds from the National Institute of General Medical Sciences (NIGMS).
- The successful appointment of the URISE Trainees via the NIH X-TRAIN website.
- Hampton University approval.
- URISE trainees cannot receive additional support from any other federally-sponsored award that would duplicate the fiscal support of what trainees receive in the URISE program. If for example complementary housing and meal support is received during the summer research, the URISE trainee would not incur reimbursable costs through the URISE program.
- Failure to comply with any of the URISE requirements as listed in the signed URISE Scholar/Trainee award letter during the course of matriculation in the URISE program will result in the dismissal from the URISE Program and termination of the URISE Scholar /Trainee award.