Board of Trustees
The Board of Trustees is the governing authority of Hampton University. The Board is comprised of 20 members which includes the President of the University as well as a faculty and a student representative.
Hampton University is led by Dr. William R. Harvey, the University's 12th President; and Dr. JoAnn W. Haysbert, Chancellor and Provost. The president reports directly to the Board of Trustees.
- Office of the President
- Chancellor and Provost
- Chief of Staff
- Vice President for Administrative Services and Student Affairs
- Vice President for Business Affairs and Treasurer
- Vice President for Development
- Vice President and General Counsel
- Senior Vice President
- Office of the Chancellor and Provost
The University Council constitutes the main resident body for policy formulation. Various university commissions formulate and recommend policies to the University Council, which in turn makes recommendations to the president of the university. Final authority rests with the president of the university and the Board of Trustees.