Database - Alphabetical >Database
by Subject > E-Journal >
Research Guides >Remote
Liaison Name: Nicole Spoor (757) 727-5179
- Academic Search Complete - via EBSCOhost - Index with many full text articles on most subjects, including business, economics, and finance
- Business Source Complete - via EBSCOhost - Full text, scholarly journal articles on business
- EconLit - via FirstSearch- Economics literature
- Factiva - Business news and company data
- Hoover's Online - Detailed company reports and industry profiles
- Hospitality & Tourism - via EBSCOhost - Index of scholarly research and industry news relating to all areas of hospitality and tourism
- MERGENT - Detailed
- MERGENT HORIZON - Comprehensive coverage of all companies that are actively traded on the NYSE, AMEX, and NASDAQ, with enhanced product-level detail for 3,700 companies in the healthcare, technology, media, and finance sectors
- OMNI File Full text Mega Edition - via WilsonWeb - a multi-subject database
- Standard &
Poor's Net Advantage -
S&P industry surveys including stock guides and reports, as well as mutual fund information
and S&P outlook
- ScienceDirect College Edition - full text scholarly journals, including business journals
- AICPA Online - The American
Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) is a professional
association for accountants.
- Rutgers Accounting Web
- The best known and oldest accounting stop on the Web is intended for
the academic community and has useful features for students and researchers.
- Tax and Accounting Sites Directory
- Compiled by Schmidt Enterprises, LLC, this easy to navigate site is a comprehensive
index of tax, accounting and related resources on the Internet.
- Tax Statistics
- Produced by the Statistics of Income Division and other areas of the
Internal Revenue Service.
- Advertising Age - A well established, industry publication providing
useful links for researchers.
- Advertising World
- The University of Texas at Austin's Advertising Department's collection of links to advertising and marketing
- Know This: The Internet's Marketing
Virtual Library - This website is a virtual library of Internet resources
for advertising, selling, promotion and research
in concise information areas.
- American Banker's Association - This website includes
sections on banking products, services, news, conferences, industry issues,
schools, consumer connections and personal finance by the premiere voice
of the American banking industry.
- Bank Rate Monitor
- Bankrate, Inc. is the Web's leading aggregator of financial rate information and includes free consumer information for over 300 financial products.
- Board of Governors, Federal
Reserve System - This website consists of various information related to the central bank of the United States.
- Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) - Official documents from the FDIC include current CRA information,
laws and regulations applicable to financial institutions, consumer
news and a statistical database on banks and the banking industry.
- House Committee on Financial
Services - Banking and financial services bills, summaries, hearing
transcripts, markups, meetings, press releases, rules and comprehensive
full text reports are all available on this website.
- International Monetary Fund (IMF) - IMF's website offers access to numerous reports and databases of statistical information including current World Economic Outlook databases.
- National Information Center
- This website supplies comprehensive information on banks and other institutions
for which the Federal Reserve has a supervisory, regulatory or research
interest including both domestic and foreign banking organizations operating
in the United States.
- World Bank - This website allows
access to world development indicators, entrepreneurial snapshots and information and advice on trends in the world economy.
- Better Business Bureau Online -
The BBB maintains business report databases that provide information on the reputation of many businesses.
- Guide To
Ethics Management - This website has tools designed to help leaders and managers implement
comprehensive ethics management systems in their workplaces.
- Fortune 500 - Search this list of top U.S. companies to find basic company information.
- Thomas Register Online - Thomas Register of American Manufacturers is an extensive database of manufacturers and suppliers of goods and services. Registration is required, but free.
Data & Links - This website supplies economic data from around the world.
Book: Summary of Commentary on Current Economic Conditions - This
summary gathers anecdotal
information on current economic conditions in each Federal Research bank district.
- Federal Reserve Economic
Data (FRED) - FRED provides downloadable, historical United States economic
and financial data, including daily interest rates, monetary and
business indicators, exchange rates, balance of payments and regional
- Monthly Labor
Review - This journal contains articles as well as statistics on employment and earnings.
- Statistical Abstract of
the United States - A well indexed, comprehensive collection of
statistics in tabular format, including basic statistics for a wide range
of economic indicators. Each
table lists the source of the statistics for further reference.
- Survey of Current Business
- This website includes monthly and quarterly cyclical indicator statistics covering such statistics as personal income, industrial
productivity, business sales and inventories, commodity prices, producer
prices, labor force and earnings.
- Treasury Bulletin
- This report of federal fiscal operations and other federal financial obligations also includes the
positions of major foreign currencies and a profile
of the domestic economy.
- Electronic Data Gathering
Analysis and Retrieval (EDGAR) - All companies, foreign and domestic,
are required to file registration statements, financial reports, and
other forms electronically through EDGAR via the Security and Exchange Commission.
- Morningstar - The website provides basic financial data. You must register to view most of the free content and premium content is fee-based.
- Public Register's Annual Report Service - This is America's largest annual report service providing free
company financials, including annual reports, prospectuses and 10-Ks
on over 3,600 public companies.
- CIA World
Factbook - The United States Central Intelligence Agency publishes this
website containing economic, social and political profiles
- Europages: The European
Business Directory - A multilingual directory site of 500,000 companies
in 36 European countries searchable by product, company name or business
- GlobalEDGE -
Home of Michigan State University's Center for International Business
Education and Research (CIBER), this site is a comprehensive starting point for global
- International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) - The ICC provides information on global chamber organizations and committees by
- Organization for Economic Cooperation
and Development (OECD) - Known for its publications and statistics,
OECD's work covers economic and social issues including macroeconomics, trade,
education, development and science and innovation.
- STRATEGIS: Canada's Business
Information Site - Maintained by Canada's Minister of Industry, this site is includes information on companies, trade, economic
analysis, research, investment, financing, legislation, employment and consumer
Development Indicators - This website by the World Bank includes statistics on national
accounts, international transactions, manufacturing and monetary indicators
for World Bank member countries.
- Entrepreneur.com - This site is maintained by Entrepreneur Magazine to
support new business ideas and growing companies and contains selected
articles from the publication and resources for business developers.
Reference Guide to Small Business Information - The 3rd edition
of a guide compiled by the staff of the Business Reference Services'
Science, Technology, and Business Division, Library of Congress. Contents
include much of what you need to know to start and run a small business, including raising capital, human resources and marketing.
- Entrepreneurship.org - Formed as an international resource to develop entrepreneurial economies, this site covers materials to assist with each phase of the entrepreneurial process.
- Idea Cafe: The Small
Business Channel - A fun approach to serious business, this website was developed
by successful entrepreneurs and includes resources, ideas, practical advice,
business news, and links to other small business information.
- United States Small Business Administration (SBA)
- The federal government's starting point for resources and programs offered by the
SBA. This website covers everything you need to know about starting and maintaining a small business.
- Big Charts Historical Quotes - From MarketWatch.com, this website provides access to stock quotes with information as far back as 1985.
- Bonds Online - Topics on this site include
corporate bonds, municipal bonds, United States Treasury and Federal Agency
securities, bond funds and convertible bonds.
- MoneyCentral - This website from MSN Money covers information on markets, stocks and funds.
- Mutual Fund Investor's Center - Published
by the Mutual Fund Education Alliance, the non-profit association
of the no-load mutual fund industry, this resource includes a large collection
of mutual fund companies, website links, fund listings and exclusive
planning, tracking and monitoring tools.
- NASDAQ - The official site of The NASDAQ Stock Market features free stock quotes, stock exchange prices and stock market news.
- New York Stock Exchange - This site provides up-to-date stock data on many United States and European companies.
Updated NS 2/3/11