> Database - Alphabetical
>Database by Subject
> E-Journal > Research
Guides > Remote Access
Liaison Name: Girija Venkat
List of selected titles at Harvey Library
Finding Books in HUWebCat: Materials owned by Harvey Library are searchable through the online catalog.
- Opposing Viewpoints: Search for “opposing viewpoints” in HUWebcat: A good source for finding ideas for contemporary social, political & economic issues, includes background information about each issue, as for example:
- QC981.8 .G56 G574 2006
Bily, Cynthia A.
- HV 6773.52 .H37 2004
Hate groups : opposing viewpoints
Williams, Mary E., 1960
- JV 6438 .I5533 2004
Immigration : opposing viewpoints
Williams, Mary E., 1960-
- LB 2369 .G53 2003
MLA handbook for writers of research papers
Gibaldi, Joseph, 1942-
- PE1628 .N429 2001
The new Oxford American dictionary
Abate, Frank R.
- PE 1628 .O866 2005
New Oxford dictionary for writers and editors
- PE 1404 .H358 2006
Handbook of writing research
MacArthur, Charles A.
- LB2369 .L54 2005
How to write a BA thesis : a practical guide from your first ideas to your finished paper
- PE1404 .N38 2004
Liberating scholarly writing : the power of personal narrative
Nash, Robert J.
- PE1112 .L86 2003
The St. Martin's handbook
Lunsford, Andrea A., 1942-
- LB2369 .P35 2003
The Bedford researcher : an integrated text, CD-ROM, and Web site
- LB2369 .C64 2000
Completing your thesis or dissertation : professors share their techniques and strategies
TOP OF PAGE
TOP OF PAGE
Online Reference - Facts & Figures
For statistical information to support your research try these resources:
- American Heritage Book of English
Usage - a detailed guide that looks at word choice, grammar, style,
diction, and other relevant issues of proper English usage
- Basic Guide to Writing a Essay - this informal website lists seven steps to get started in the writing process. It includes a sample essay to illustrate the process and includes links to additional essay resource sites
- Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation - helpful reference guide and workbook. Practice exercises and tests are included for each section .
- Elements of Style - electronic
version of William Strunk's classic text that includes essential
rules of English usage and composition.
- Guide for Writing
Research Papers - this site includes a number of resources on the
various components of writing a research paper.
- OWL Online
Writing - Purdue University has created a really excellent website
with lots of information on how to plan, write, and revise several types
of writing assignments.
TOP OF PAGE
Updated by GV: 2/10/10