Database - Alphabetical >Database
by Subject >E-Journal >
Research Guides >Remote
Liaison Name : Peggy Brown
(757) 637- 2096
- Academic Search Complete - via EbscoHOST - general subject index with many fulltext articles
Reviews: Physical Sciences - contains fulltext
of several Annual Reviews in the physical sciences.
- Dissertation & Thesis Fulltext - via Proquest - index of over 2 million dissertations from U.S., Canadian, British, and other European dissertations and theses
- EBSCO EJS (Electronic Journals Service) - access over 400 ejournals Harvey Library subscribes to.
- Institute of Physics Journals - Some current journals published by IOP plus perpetual access to Archives 1874 - 1993
- INSPEC - via EBSCOhost - world's leading bibliographic database covering the fields of physics,
electronics, computing, control engineering and information technology.
- PapersFirst (Conference Papers) - via FirstSearch - index of papers presented at conferences worldwide
- Proceedings (Conference Proceedings) - via FirstSearch - index of worldwide conference proceedings
- PROLA - Physical Review Online (APS Journals) Some fulltext is available from APS journals.
Direct College Edition - Fulltext, searchable access to a variety
of journals in the sciences, published by Elsevier Science.
- Science.Gov -
(WWW) Science.gov searches over 36 databases and 1,850 selected websites, offering 200 million pages of authoritative U.S. government science information.
- SCOPUS - index of articles from 14,200 peer-reviewed titles from scientific, technical, medical and social science literature.
TOP OF PAGE
TOP OF PAGE
- American Center for Physics - The
American Center for Physics brings together in one building, the American
Institute of Physics, The American Physical Society, the American Association
of Physics Teachers, and the American Association of Physicists in Medicine.
- American Institute of Physics -
The American Institute of Physics (AIP) is a not-for-profit membership
corporation chartered in New York State in 1931 for the purpose of promoting
the advancement and diffusion of the knowledge of physics and its application
to human welfare.
- American Physical Society (APS)
- the objective of the Society is the advancement and diffusion of the
knowledge of physics.
- Institute of Physics (IOP) - a
leading international professional body and learned society, established
to promote the advancement and dissemination of physics.
- National Institute of Standards &
Technology - Founded in 1901, NIST is a non-regulatory federal agency
within the U.S. Commerce Department's Technology Administration. NIST's
mission is to develop and promote measurement, standards, and technology
- National Science Foundation - The
National Science Foundation (NSF) is an independent agency of the US
Government, established by the National Science Foundation Act of 1950.
- OSA - Founded in 1916, the Optical
Society of America (OSA) was organized to increase and diffuse the knowledge
of optics, pure and applied physics.
TOP OF PAGE
Updated PB 01/24/12